Animal Kingdom Hotel
Discover the beauty of nature and conservation at the incredible Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, which is only four miles from the family-friendly accommodations of Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area Hotel. Our hotel provides a relaxing retreat from your global safari at one of the largest animal theme parks in the world. With more than 500 acres of landscaped grounds and exhibits that showcase more than 1,700 animals from 250 species, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park is a wonderful place that combines learning with family fun.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Summer Events
- “The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” - Show filled with songs from the film infused with an Indian influence!
- The Tree of Life Awakens - Experience the iconic Tree of Life as it undergoes an awakening of animal spirits throughout the evening by magical fireflies!
- Kilimanjaro Safaris After Dark - Enjoy a safari in evening hours with special lighting allowing guests to explore the savanna well into the night!
- Harambe Wildlife Parti - release your inner party animal and enjoy lively African Music, exotic foods and drinks while exploring the local marketplace!
- Discovery Island Carnivale - Discovery Island guests can join the local community and celebrate their love on nature at this party featuring music, dancers, slit walkers, food and much more!
- Nighttime Attractions - Enjoy attractions operating during nighttime hours. Guests will be able to experience exciting attractions like the Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids, only surrounded by darkness!
The Six Areas of Animal Kingdom®
Explore the lush gardens of the Oasis Exhibits! Encountering animals like exotic boar, giant anteater, wallaby and more along the trails of the Oasis.
Walk along the peaceful trails of Discovery Island where you can get up close to the iconic Tree of Life! Observe animals in their habit as you explore nature at your own pace!
Be transported to the breathtaking African countryside where you can hear lions roar and see towering giraffes! Indulge in African-inspired cuisine, go on an exciting safari, and explore one of the most popular Animal Kingdom destinations.
Rafiki's Planet Watch®
Devoted to the preservation and well-being of the Animals, Rafiki's Planet Watch features educational exhibits and activities for children of all ages! Visit the Affection Section where you can pet a variety of animals, or stop by the Habitat Habit where you learn about the cotton-top tamarin monkeys!
Lions, flying fox, gibbons and so much more! Explore the unique, tropical trails of the Anadapur Royal Forest where you will see beautiful waterfalls and exotic animals!
Tour the prehistoric time when dinosaurs roamed the earth! Given a mission at the research control center, it is up to you to complete your mission before time is up! The loud sounds, dark scenes, and large dinosaurs may be too scary for young children.